What is ALERT?
Housing Jigsaw ALERT is a FREE online tool created to specifically meet your Duty to Refer requirement by securely facilitating referrals & notifications between local authorities in England, Northern Ireland and Wales and their wider partner agencies.
The ONLY system there is that offers the FULL RANGE of referrals and notifications by type, from the s213b to the modern slavery referral. Send, receive, track, action and audit every type of referral from one central system – FOR FREE!
- s213b referrals in from public bodies
- Referrals in from wider partner agencies
- Referrals & notifications out:
- s208 notification for TA placement out of area
- s208 notification for end of duty PRS accommodation out of area
- s198a local connection referral at relief duty stage
- s198 local connection referral at main duty stage
- s213 discretionary local connection referral at main duty stage
- s190 referral to social care for ineligible or intentionally homeless households
- Referral under the government’s PREVENT counter-terrorism initiative
- Modern slavery referral via the Home Office’s National Referral Mechanism
- Safeguarding referral to adult care or children’s services
- Referral for assessment under the Children Act 1989
- Referral (effective practice) from housing to wider agencies
- Intra-authority referral (effective practice) prevention case with no local connection
ALERT+ and ALERT Transfer
ALERT+ and ALERT Transfer are two optional add-ons to take your referrals and notifications service to the next level, giving you much greater tailoring options and control over the whole process in order to meet your specific needs.
Unlock the flexibility to add more relevancy by adding questions and information requests, or make responses mandatory to give you more control. Work the way you want and maximise compliance assurance.
Create letter templates to suit your own needs with the ability to add notes on emails to give a fit that’s better aligned to your needs.
Reporting and insight on referrals by status, outcomes, agency and type, running totals and officer usage. All of this will give you improved control and communication between staff and agencies to keep everyone on track to meet their statutory requirements, whilst informing long term planning for all areas of your service delivery.
A secure data transfer and management service that allows you to extract and integrate your data into any other systems you are using internally. Designed and built using the latest industry best practice, data can securely and safely populate your other internal programs.
ALERT – the Number ONE service for referrals!
Used by more local authorities and partner agencies than any other system
ALERT key features
- Create, send and receive all types of referrals and notifications easily, both to other housing options teams and referring bodies around the country. All in one central place, giving a single, transparent and consistent view for everyone.
- ALERT is the no.1 service and platform used by more local authorities and referring agencies than any other system, with more coming on board each day. ALERT means that you can meet your statutory obligations quickly and simply.
- Easy for anyone to install, learn and use. Partners can self-register with no help or implementation required, just a simple cloud log on. Self-help guides and videos are available if needed, meaning no administrative burden on you. Our documentation also sets out the program of work agencies will need to follow, giving you a consistent approach.
- A clear set of dashboards and tables notifications with intuitive design gives you the information you need quickly and easily, leaving you to get on with your job. Because it’s designed by NPSS practitioners and the team that created Housing Jigsaw, you know you are getting something that will work for you.
- ALERT’s intelligent design dynamically tailors its questions and workflow to the agency in question, no matter who they are. This ensures that they and you are solving the right problem and reducing the risk of errors, while simplifying the process and remaining compliant.
- Once raised, a notification and subsequent updates are seamlessly sent to all parties in the chain, with tracking and an always-on live status. There is also a set of template letters to provide consistent messaging. This gives a clear, transparent and evidenced trail of actions and timings, bringing with it improved outcomes and accountability around statutory obligations.
- The automatic status updates also serve to keep the referring agency informed without having to check-in with a local authority, providing assurance, transparency and time efficiencies.
- ALERT meets and exceeds all the stringent MHCLG, GDPR and ISO27001 standards ensuring you’re safe, legal and compliant. The system is hosted on the cloud, meets the 14 security principles, is always on and requires no extensive IT involvement. You have further control over users and information – issuing, managing and revoking as appropriate, spotting duplicates and referrals and other time-wasting and potential complications that can arise.
Our FREE Duty to Refer Resources
DUTY TO REFER FAQs
WATCH MORE ABOUT ALERT